Sunday, January 4, 2009

Pinnacle Game Profiler Review

I have noticed a disconnect lately in my writing. I have not been writing about the things that I have found myself talking about. The first post to get my real and online lives integrated is about a piece of software I have recently introduced a few friends to.

Pinnacle Game Profiler is the software I use to configure my game pad. After adopting it I can't imagine using anything else.

Pinnacle allows the user to map keyboard and mouse commands on to gamepad buttons joy sticks. With the tools that are in the software, the possibilities are rather staggering.

The software is written for games, and to some extent that is reflected. The community that has grown up around the software is a gaming community. They have published an extensive library of game-specific profiles to map your game to your gamepad without much technical mucking around.

In another way it really is flexible enough to do almost any task that requires a limited number of commands. I use the gamepad now for surfing and media control. In it lies the promise to be free of the keyboard and mouse.

I recommend you try the 30 trial. Then I doubt anything else of its kind will satisfy you again.

Disclosure: For this review I was granted a free copy of the software. This is the only product for which I approached the developer for a promotion agreement.

No comments:

Post a Comment