Tuesday, January 10, 2006

"I don't think I can do that"

Cool. I'm not unemployed. Yet.

I have been on suspension since Friday for... Well, there was never any official reason given. It was never even officially called a suspension for that matter. I haven't been to work since Friday. There was a meeting held on Monday to discuss the matter. I guess I gave them alot to think about for a mere 31 hours later my position was reinstated. Go me.

I had a dentist appointment this morning. It was scheduled weeks ago, really. It had nothing to do with a possible lapse in my medical insurance. But one of my novicane lisp encounters led to an I-love-PEI moment.

I had moved recently and I'm still compiling the list of people who send me mail. Or at least those I want to send me mail. Through a mix up I gave my bank the wrong postal code. As I am approaching the counter I realize I don't have my ID on me. When I told this (with my novicane lisp) to a cute little banker waiting on me I get back, "That's OK. I used to live down the street from you." Gah? Turns out she did too. If I wasn't on the verge of unemployment and I wasn't at high risk for drooling on myself it might have been fun to persue it. Instead I just thought 'I love PEI' and went about my day.

Right! The title.. It's from a critical moment in the Monday meeting. I was told that if I cannot commit to X* my services weren't needed. To which I replied "I don't think I can do that." X was then requalified to something I could agree with but it really set the tone for the rest of the meeting. Alot of consideration went into that utterance. It could have turned out differently but even if it did I would have been glad to have done it.

I don't just want a job. I want a healthy relationship with a good company. I now have more reason to believe I am there.

Categories:

No comments:

Post a Comment